Adelaide Civil Celebrant
Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage! How exciting, and maybe even a little overwhelming as you think about the preparations required for your Big Day. That’s where I can help!
I’m an experienced and charismatic celebrant with a professional, and friendly approach. I’d be honoured to conduct your ceremony within a 100km radius of Adelaide, and look forward to working closely with you to provide a beautiful and moving ceremony!
Naturally, you’ll want (and deserve) to have your wedding celebrated exactly your way. My aim is to prepare and deliver a fantastic ceremony which is 100% in accordance with your wishes. A huge part of my role is to ensure that the whole process of preparation, as well as the actual ceremony, is relaxing and joyful!
This process is really enjoyable when we break it down into small steps, as follows:
- Step 1: A friendly, no obligation meeting (no charge) to chat about your wishes for your ceremony. We also look at a sample ceremony outline to determine which elements you want.
- Step 2: We meet again to complete the Notice of Intended Marriage. We also talk about your story as a couple, which I find very enjoyable! (Your information helps me to personalise your ceremony).
- Step 3: I craft a draft ceremony, based on our discussions and your answers to my questions, and invite you to make any changes you want. We continue to refine the ceremony until you are 100% with it.
- Step 4: Our last meeting, usually in the week before your wedding. We fine-tune your ceremony: eg position of the bridal party and complete the final pre-wedding legal documentation.
- Step 5: Your Wedding!
What I Offer
With a Music Degree and Diploma in Education and Counselling, I have flourished in various roles as a secondary teacher, music director and counsellor. My most significant role was Founding Artistic Director of the internationally acclaimed choir school, “Young Adelaide Voices”. In this capacity, I was responsible for 250 young people aged 5-35, and directed hundreds of professional performances, and led 6 highly successful overseas tours.
These qualifications and experience mean that I’ve developed the ideal skills set to be an excellent celebrant, which enables you to have peace of mind and great joy in the preparation and experience of your wedding ceremony:
- Professional project management
- Outstanding communication, both written and verbal
- Empathetic listening and gentle guidance when required
- Highly engaging presentation skills
- Warm rapport with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Excellent organisation, yet flexibility when required
- Calm and commanding crowd management if required
I also speak fluent German and have conducted several ceremonies in German. I’m also able to speak a few sentences in other foreign languages with pronunciation guidelines.
I offer each bridal couple unlimited meetings, emails and phone calls.
I provide sample wedding readings and vows.
I have an excellent sound system with two microphones and an input jack for amplifying music.
I prepare, complete and lodge all legal documentation.
To view a more in depth overview of what is involved.
Click edit button to change this text.